Transition Morning at Weeroona College

on

What did you all think of today’s transition day?Β  How are you feeling about it?Β  What inspired you?

-Ms Fitz πŸ™‚

Dance to ‘Walk Like an Egyptian’ at home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGDNqxq2Bc

image_9 image_19 image_30 image_4 image_17 image_28 image_10 image_14 image_25 image image_2 image_5 image_13 image_26 image_24 image_7 image image_27 image_32 image_20 image_15

19 Comments Add yours

1. Lach H says:

Hello Mrs Fitz,
    I felt really nervous about going to a different school that has kids bigger then us. But doing the dance was real fun. I loved it when we got to have a tour around the school. But at the start I got dropped off and I felt like a big kid but I am only grade 5. I don’t think i’m ready for high school yet but I could be next year. So I loved the morning and doing the activities. It was a great challenge to go to a new school I have seen but never been to before. So thats all from me and until next time…
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Lach H. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2. Lach H says:

Hello Mrs Fitz,
    I nearly lost this out of my head! My sister went to that school and she was in the red group. I Can’t remember the name but then she moved schools. She made a plastic thing and it is all swirly and it’s cool. So until next time…
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Lach H.

1. Lach H says:

Its meant to be Miss. Sorry.

3. Ryley says:

Dear Miss Fitz

When I first went there I felt really nervous because kids were bigger than us. But then we went in the science room and did the dance which was really fun!
    Then the Weeroona people asked us questions, and I was lucky enough to get one right. So I got to go in the “teleporter”, it was pretty cool. It takes you into the dark room.
    Then we got a tour around the school, I really enjoyed the time at Weeroona.

Bye! Ryley

4. samuel says:

Yesterday i had so much fun at Weeroona. I learnt so much about the school i’m looking forward to going there next year. Because i’m looking forward to making new friends and making new opportunities for myself.

The most fun i had there yesterday was going in the room where they develiop photo’s because it had a secret door way. You would step into a round door and spin it arond and behind was a room. I can’t wait until next year.

5. Asher says:

Hi!
    Weeroona was great. There were so many things we could do. I was a bit nervous when we came in and all the kids just stared. But most of them seemed nice.It will be a great school to go to. its amazing what things they offer at Weeroona.

The walk like the eygipt dance was really fun. How much work Josh did was amazing. All those pages on acient eygpt looked like he had done alot of research. I can’t wait to go to Weeroona.

from Asher πŸ™‚

6. Damon says:

Hi guys,
    What i enjoyed about Weeroona College,
    I loved how they have all the building in one area and that if there’s a class in one room it dosen’t mater because Ms Davis said that you can fit three classes in one learning community.

What I’m looking forward to next year,
    I would love to be in Katyil because I felt safe in there and there was lots of good teachers so and more of my friends from last year I would like to work with them again and get to do the Egyptian walk again.

7. Tyroune says:

Hi guys,

I liked going to Weeroona college, it was great fun. Ms Davis is nice, she showed us around the school. My favourite part is the gym, it is huge, i wish we had one at our school but the dark room is really cool too. You get lots of opportunities and choice but there are lots of people at Weeroona College. I saw lots of familiar faces there.

From Tyroune

8. Cassie says:

Hello Miss Fitz,

When we got to Weeroona it was really weird because everyone was looking at us, and it was sooo cold outside but lucky someone came and showed us where to go. The dancing at the start was so funny, but I really enjoyed it. The tour of the school was really quick because we had to go but what I saw was a really big school with great learning spaces

Byee
    From Cassie

9. Emily says:

Hi 5/6 F,

Weeroona was great fun yesterday. My favourite bit was when we had to do the Egyptain dance, it was lots of fun and we were supposed to do it with giggling and laughing but we didn’t :).

We had to write our name in Egyptain symbols. It was hard because there were pictures of birds, lions and lot of other complicated things.

After we finshed doing the Egyptain things we got a piece of paper and it was a treasure hunt! πŸ™‚ we had to find out all these things to do with Weeroona College. After we did that we went on a tour of the school. We went and saw all the communitys, gym, textiles room, wood room, metails room, Library, office, home ec room (cooking) and the canteen.

I’m really nervous about next but also really excited as well! πŸ™‚

From Emily πŸ™‚

10. Saffron says:

Dear Ms Fitz

Weeroona was lost of fun.I had a great time doing the walk like an Egyptian dance.We had to fill out this sheet about Weeroona as we walked around the school.I also liked drawing my name in picture.Then we split into two groups so we could look around the whole school it was big. I was a bit overwhelmed by how big it is because I am use to small schools.
    I feel a bit scared about going there next year because it is big and there is a lot of people. But I had a lot of fun at Weeroona.
    From Saffron

11. Tahlia says:

Dear Ms Fitz
    I really enjoyed going to Weeroona, it is very different than it use to be. I really liked the Egyptian dance, that was cool. I also really enjoyed writing my name in pictures. Then we split into two groups I was with Emily, Saffron, Asher and Bree we meet the principal her name is Miss Preece.

We had some of our ex students come and talk to use about Weeroona, they were Ella, Josh, Maddy and Jessica. I am really excited about going to Weeroona but I’m glad I’ve got another year.

from Tahlia.

12. Broden says:

Hey everyone,

Going to Schoool Weeroona was a great expiriance to see what it was like is High school. When we first got there we did the Egyptian’ dance. It was really fun!

Later that day we had a look around the school and filled out a sheet of what, and where everything was. The best thing was smelling the Short Bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…
    From Broden

13. Shawn says:

HI I wish I could of come but I was sick and did not want to give anyone the temper and that food looked so yummy.

from shawn

14. Daisy says:

Looks amazing reconized some of those people that used to toto our school.

15. Bree says:

Dear 5/6,
    I loved going to Weerona πŸ™‚ ! I found it really fun and it was good to get a feel of what it is going to be like at highschool.

First we went into Katyil and watched a slideshow as a introduction. We also did an ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ dance. It was fun but at the same time embarrising.

Next we went around the school for a tour. First we stayed in Katyil but then we went outside and around. I loved the gym they have!! I can’t wait to test it out. We also went into Merrin to show that all the communitys are the same.

I was nervous and still am. I can’t wait till highschool though.

From Bree πŸ™‚

16. Seeton says:

To Mrs Fitz

I really had a great time at Weeroona the things I liked the most was writing my name in egyption i also liked the dark room at first i didn’t understand but then i figured it out.

I really liked doing the dance but it was really hard to follow. When we walked in the first thing I noticed was the animals in the jars they were disgustingly awesome .

When we got near the cook room or all I could smell was cookies they smelt delicious but in the woodworks room it was really noisy.

We also got to see the performing arts room we also got to go to the gym we saw a exercise place like boxing they said they get up really early to do it.

The library was cool to with the comfy chairs I also saw all the conspiracy 365 books. So overall I had a great time.

From Seeton

17. shawn says:

I am really looking foward to go to weeroona and I am a little nervous but I want to learn more about what I already know and if I can learn latin that would make me so happy. I hope I like weeroona when I get there because I am most nervous about how hard the maths is because I do want a challeng in my learning and all the other things that I struggle with and when I get to the time that I hafto do my maths test I will hope that I will get a awsome score.

18. Meg says:

Dear Mis Fitz
    I liked lots of thngs about Weerona, liked the library, canteen, the cooking room, the music room, and more classrooms. I also liked how I’m going to be there with my friend Cassie, and I will also be there with my brother.

Yet, I am nervous about getting really hard work. And that’s about it.
    Byeeeee
    From Meg