Melbourne Cup Day

We had a lot of fun today!  Our reading, writing and maths was all about the Melbourne Cup!  It’s a teachers dream topic for maths- there’s just so much of it! We also got our creative juices flowing with newspaper and masking tape!  Check out our creations!

Thanks for a fun day Misfits!

image_5 image_7 image_17 image_11 image_10 image_13 image_4 image_18 image_9 image_16 image_3 image_15 image_2 image image_5 image_15 image_3 image_4 image_12 image_8 image_19 image_6 image_14 image_23 image_29 image_12 image_25 image_26 image_14

12 Comments Add yours

1. Tyroune says:

To Ryan.t

Thanks ryan for teaching us how to make those Melbourne cup hats.

From Tyroune

1. Ryan T says:

Hey Ty thanks for the comment. I had fun teaching you and everyone. 🙂

2. shawn says:

Hi,I just want to say that I liked all of the hats because they were very “colorful”, and making them out of news paper was challenging for me. and I liked it when we had a pick nick it was so fun.

from Shawn

3. Ryley says:

Dear 5/6 F
    The Melbourne cup hats were really fun to make!
    Thanks Ryan T for helping us.

4. Emily says:

Hi grade 5/6 F,

Melbourne Cup day was so much fun. My favourite part of the day was making the hats, the photos above are really good. In maths the game we played was so much fun, I was last at first but then I won. My horses came in 1st and 2nd. I really enjoyed having a picnic with my friends, there was a lot of pink. 🙂

From Emily 🙂

5. Ryan.N says:

To 5/6F

Those hats are really creative. And great job Ryan.T for teaching every one! :]

6. seeton says:

To Ryan.T

Thanks I had lots of fun and some rage but overall I had heaps of fun. I ended up making a top hat it was a great.

Then the horse racing started my horse was going good then he got tired out so my horse came 3rd last.

I tried to swap horses with you Ryan but Mrs Fitz said no
    luckily you didn’t or else you wouldn’t of won.

From Seeton

7. Lach H says:

Dear 5/6F,
    The Melbourne cup day was awesome!
    First I am just going to say I don’t know what my horse came on the Melbourne Cup. I think it came like 2nd last or something like that. 🙁
    Now to some Thank Yous
    Thanks Miss Fitz for the day because everything was planned and we were challenged and it was a lot of fun.
    Thanks Ryan T for showing us how to make the hats. I liked the challenge for Newspaper and Tape only. It was hard for me though but I did it in the end.
    Now to some things I liked.
    I liked that we all got dressed up in fancy clothes.
    Also the maths game. That was so much fun!
    Last but not least the Race.
    Now to some awards. (By Lach)
    Most Fancy Person: Bree
    Best Hat: Daniel+Broden
    Twins Award: Meg+Miss Fitz
    Winner Of Melbourne Cup: Ryan T
    Now to the sad bit. Ending the comment. 🙁
    So I would to thank you for reading and I will see you later……
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Lach H
    P.S. How did you fell about reading this long comment? 🙂

1. Lach H says:

Yous didn’t make sense.
      You’s kind of made sense.

1. Broden says:

Hi Lach,
        I thought it was good. The award bit was really good and that’s not just because I got best hat with Daniel it was good. 🙂
        From Broden.

2. msfitz3 says:

Thanks for the feedback, Lach! I love your comment, it really gives me an idea about your thoughts on the day. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, I wanted you to have fun but also learn something! Ryan T did a great job too.
      Thanks, Lach!
      -Ms Fitz

1. Lach H says:

🙂 Thanks for the reply. It took me about 15 mins the write it.
        Lach H.