Bendigo Writers Festival 2016
The Vox Bendigo Book
A YOUNG WRITERS ANTHOLOGY
Bendigo Writers Festival in association with The Rotary Club of Bendigo invites your school to enter students’ writing for the chance to be published in THE VOX BENDIGO BOOK: YOUNG WRITERS ANTHOLOGY.
The theme is MY PLACE. Submissions of any kind of writing – stories, poems or prose – can be up to 1000 words and there is no minimum word limit.
A place you love to visit, a place you remember that has changed, a place that is private and special or a place that is important to the whole community. Describe that place, or tell a story about it.
Use your imagination or research a place you are curious about. We’re looking for writing that is lively, thoughtful and entertaining.
All entries must be submitted by the end of Term 1, Thursday 24 March.
THE VOX BENDIGO BOOK: YOUNG WRITERS ANTHOLOGY will be published by Bendigo Publishing and launched at Bendigo Writers Festival’s Text Marks the Spot schools program
on Friday August 12, 2016.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries can be submitted individually or through the school.
2. Please include the entrant’s name, age and school year, name of school and the relevant email contact on a separate sheet.
3. All entries will be provided anonymously to the judges.
4. Only one entry per student. Schools that work with students on writing about “My Place” for THE VOX BENDIGO BOOK may decide to pre-select which entries are submitted.
5. The deadline for entries is the end of Term One, Thursday March 24. Entries can be submitted in hard copy or electronically to
Submissions – attention Anne Henshall
THE VOX BENDIGO BOOK
c/- The Capital Theatre
50 View Street
6. Schools and students will be notified by the end of May which submissions will be included in the anthology.